Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One Pan Beef Stroganoff



Even though it has been awhile since I last posted on my blog (ahem..2 years! obviously why every journal I have ever started was never extended past 3 weeks), I decided today that I need to do something to get back into it.  I have been semi-blogging about cooking by posting pics on Facebook but it is time to get back to what I love; cooking, entertaining and writing.

Tonight for dinner, I decided to make an old standby to get me back in the blogging game.  My son calls this "the one pan of love" but to everyone else it is just simply, One Pan Beef Stroganoff.  Now, many people are purists and only use sirloin tips in their beef stroganoff.  I am more of realist-on-a-budget and use ground beef or ground turkey.

For this recipe you will need:
1 big saute pan (preferably one that is at least 3-5 inches deep)
1 medium onion
chopped garlic (to taste--I love a ton of garlic but some people are more vampire-ish about garlic)
1 lb. of ground beef
1-2 Tbsp of flour
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tsp of Paprika Hungarian if you got it
1-2 cups of fresh mushrooms (or if you are anti-fungal like myself I use 1 can of cream of mushroom soup to get the flavor of mushrooms without the texture)
1 can of beef broth
1 cup of milk
1 pkg of egg noodles
1-2 cups of sour cream (again this is a flavor choice depending on how sour you want your dish)

Saute ground beef, onion and garlic (plus mushrooms if you choose) until onions are translucent.








Do not drain!!! Use the grease and add 1-2 Tbsp of flour to create a roux.










If you did not use fresh mushrooms, stir in 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.









Slowly stir in 1 cup of milk.








Then add 1 can of beef broth.  Add in salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
Bring this mixture to a boil.










Once the mixture is boiling, add in the egg noodles.  Stir in and bring back to a boil.  Reduce heat to med. and cover.  Boil until noodles are soft.









Stir in 1-2 cups of sour cream and heat through.  Serve warm.


As my son would say "Bon Eating!!" LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment